Constructed in 1889, the Jamestown Opera House was the center of community activities for nearly 50 years. The facility is a significant example of a late-19th-century combination town hall, township house, and opera house. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it also serves as an excellent example of the round-arched Richardsonian Romanesque style of the 1880s.
Two prior state appropriations totaling $225,000 have been used for window replacements, exterior brick and fašade renovations, and HVAC and electrical upgrades. A third appropriation of $50,000 was used to paint and plaster the upstairs auditorium. The project was completed in 2010.
PO Box 162
Jamestown, OH 45335